Point S Tire & Auto and Downtown Helena, Inc. are excited to announce the Second Annual Septemberfest Soapbox Derby on Friday & Saturday, September 23rd-24th.
4-6pm: Vehicle check-in and drop-off at Ten Mile Brewery
6-7pm: Safety inspections
4-8pm: Family activities on the Walking Mall
11am-1pm: Set-up/staging/car transportation from Ten Mile to race starting point
Practice runs for cars
1pm: Race begins!
1-3:30pm: Qualifying heats race
4pm: Finals racing begins
4pm: Beer gardens open
5pm: Awards Ceremony
5:30pm: Band starts: Big Ska Country
8pm: Event concludes
RACE & VEHICLE
• Race registration is FREE but donations are encouraged. Donations will go toward local nonprofits.
• Racers must be pre-registered to participate.
• There will be no race registration on the day of the event.
• Race participants must be 18 years of age.
• Races will begin on Cruse Avenue (next to the Chamber Building), take a hard left down 6th Ave (with an optional jump down-course), and sail down 6th Avenue to the Walking Mall.
• Costumes are encouraged.
• All team members must wear long pants, long shirt, shoes, gloves, helmet, and goggles.
• Each team can consist of up to 3 people: 1 Racer and 2 Pushers.
• Each team will be allotted a 10x10 space to work on their Soapbox in the staging area.
• Vehicles must be non-motorized.
• Vehicles must have at least 4 wheels.
• Vehicle Pushing must happen from the back of the vehicle and only for a short portion of the race (approximately 80 feet at the beginning of the course).
• Vehicles can be no more than 4 feet wide, 5 feet tall, and 10 feet long.
• Vehicles can weigh no more than 200 pounds, excluding the driver.
• Vehicles must have fully functioning brakes and steering.
• Braking with hands or feet is prohibited.
• Unmodified prefab vehicles are prohibited. (Basically, you can't send an unmodified Barbie car down the course.)
• No power or tools will be provided, only stoke.
• No welders, blowtorches, fire pits, or open flames of any kind are allowed at the event.
Point S Tire & Auto and Downtown Helena, Inc want to say a BIG THANK YOU to our sponsors for helping bring this rad event to Helena.
Downtown Sponsor: $100
• Small logo included on main landing page.
• Small logo sticker to be included on specific soapbox car.
• Small logo to be included on a hay bale lining the course.
Derby Sponsor: $250
• Medium logo included on main landing page.
• Medium logo sticker to be included on specific soapbox car.
• Medium logo to be included on a hay bale lining the course.
• Small logo included on main banner at finish line.
Race Day Sponsor: $500
• Large logo included on main landing page.
• Large logo sticker to be included on specific soapbox car.
• Large logo to be included on a hay bale lining the course.
• Medium logo included on main banner at finish line.
Finish Line Sponsor: $1,000
• Extra-large logo included on main landing page.
• Extra-large logo to be included on specific soapbox car.
• Extra-large logo to be included on hay bale lining the course.
• Large logo included on main banner at finish line.
• Ability to provide 1 judge to finish line area. First come, first serve.
Can’t sponsor now? We can always use prizes for the winners, so any in-kind donation is appreciated.
BROUGHT TO YOU BY:
Awards given to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place!
RACERS WILL BE JUDGED ON THE FOLLOWING:
1. The creativity of craft design: Max 50 points
2. Showmanship and performance of craft: Max 50 points
3. Race Time: Points based on time
RACE TO WIN!
Incredible awards, including YETI Tundra coolers and more
Prizes totaling almost $1,000
1st Place alone valued at $400