Point S Tire & Auto and Downtown Helena, Inc. are excited to announce the First Annual Septemberfest Soapbox Derby on Saturday, September 25th.
12 pm: Vehicle Check-in & Staging
3 pm: Racing begins
4 pm: Beer garden opens
5:30 pm: Goldy Vox hits the stage to play Indie Pop hits
6:30 pm: Derby Awards Ceremony
8 pm: Conclusion of event
RACE & VEHICLE
• Race registration is FREE.
• Racers must be pre-registered to participate.
• There will be no race registration on the day of the event.
• Race participants must be 18 years of age.
• Races will begin on Cruse Avenue (next to the Chamber Building), take a hard left down 6th Ave (with an optional jump down-course), and sail down 6th Avenue to the Walking Mall.
• Costumes are encouraged.
• All team members must wear long pants, long shirt, shoes, gloves, helmet, and goggles.
• Each team can consist of up to 3 people: 1 Racer and 2 Pushers.
• Each team will be allotted a 10x10 space to work on their Soapbox in the staging area.
• Vehicles must be non-motorized.
• Vehicles must have at least 4 wheels.
• Vehicle Pushing must happen from the back of the vehicle and only for a short portion of the race (approximately 80 feet at the beginning of the course).
• Vehicles can be no more than 4 feet wide, 5 feet tall, and 10 feet long.
• Vehicles can weigh no more than 200 pounds, excluding the driver.
• Vehicles must have fully functioning brakes and steering.
• Braking with hands or feet is prohibited.
• Unmodified prefab vehicles are prohibited. (Basically, you can't send an unmodified Barbie car down the course.)
• No power or tools will be provided, only stoke.
• No welders, blowtorches, fire pits, or open flames of any kind are allowed at the event.
Point S Tire & Auto and Downtown Helena, Inc want to say a BIG THANK YOU to our sponsors for helping bring this rad event to Helena.
BROUGHT TO YOU BY:
FINISH LINE SPONSORS
RACE DAY SPONSORS
Awards given to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place!
RACERS WILL BE JUDGED ON THE FOLLOWING:
1. The creativity of craft design: Max 50 points
2. Showmanship and performance of craft: Max 50 points
3. Race Time: Points based on time
RACE TO WIN!
Incredible awards, including YETI Tundra coolers and more
Prizes totaling almost $1,000
1st Place alone valued at $400